History of VS America, Inc.
FROM TRADITIONAL COMPANY TO GLOBAL PLAYER
How did a regional key factory turn into a global player? It all began with a shared idea: in 1923 the merger of the companies Carl Wipperfürth and F. W. Gottfried resulted in the founding of Vereinigte Schlüsselfabriken AG, with headquarters in Solingen. Products manufactured were primarily keys and foundry parts.
PRODUCTION INCREASED CONTINUOUSLY
Following the resumption of production in 1946, there was an ongoing rise in productivity. The ongoing modernization process enabled capacity to be significantly expanded. The specialization in the manufacture of high-precision, thin-walled small cast pieces with a high surface quality in black and white heart malleable iron as well as grey-cast pieces was characteristic of the successful company policy.
EXPANSION AND A CHANGE OF NAME
In 1983 the company expanded with the establishment of BTS GmbH in Saarburg, which saw the company significantly extend its activities in the mechanical post-processing of cast products. In 1996 there was a change of name to “VS Guss AG”. The modern name reflects the evolution from a specialist, traditional company to a global supplier to a varied field of industry.
Within the scope of a future-oriented reorganization, the entire casting operations of VS Guss AG were transferred to VS GmbH & Co. KG on 01/01/2014. VS GmbH & Co. KG is a wholly-owned subsidiary of VS Guss AG.
Today, as an iron / malleable iron foundry VS GmbH & Co. KG has state-of-the-art production facilities and development tools. Innovation from tradition – the company has remained true to its roots.